A quick brown rice bowl – with kale, capers, yogurt, za’atar, toasted sesame seeds – and boiled egg to enhance your vitamin D these days and a good measure
- cold pressed rapeseed oil or clarified butter
- 1 bunch of kale, 300 grams, destemmed, chopped/shredded
- cooked brown rice, from 125 grams
- capers, rinsed, dried, and pan-fried until blistered in butter
- 2 poached eggs; I boiled them
- dollop of salted greek yogurt; I used skyr instead
- a big drizzle of good cold pressed rapeseed oil
- lot’s of za’atar
- toasted sesame seeds
- In a large pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the kale and a couple pinches of salt. Saute until the kale softens a bit and brightens, just a minute or so. Stir in the rice, and cook until the rice is hot. If your rice is on the dry side, you might have to add a small splash of water.
- Serve the kale rice topped with (preferably) all of the following: the capers, poached egg, yogurt drizzled with olive oil, and plenty of za’atar.
total time: 10 minutes
preparation time: 5 minutes
cooking/baking time: 5 minutes