A simple side dish with tomatoes. Serve simply with a green salad or as an accompaniment to grilled fish or meat.
- 40 grams fine white breadcrumbs
- 40 grams Parmesan, finely grated; Ulrike Pecorino
- 2 teasp. thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 Medium-sized tomatoes; Ulrike: 500 g tomatoes, 12
- 2 tablesp. olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C/350 °F/gas mark 4.
- In a small bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, parmesan, thyme and garlic, and season well. Cut the tomatoes in half horizontally. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat and put in the tomatoes cut-side down. Fry for five minutes, until the tops of the tomatoes start to caramelise a bit. Remove from the pan and place cut-side up in a roasting tin; spoon any pan juices into the tomatoes. Sprinkle the breadcrumb mix evenly over the top of the tomatoes and bake for 25-30 minutes, until the tomatoes are softened and the tops golden.
total time: 1 h
preparation time: 15 minutes
cooking/baking time: 30 minutes